I probably won’t be able to update again until Sunday after I’ve competed (how exciting!) so I thought I’d treat you all to a very simple yet delicious keto recipe that I’ve been having a lot in the last week. It’s recipes like this that make you feel like you’re not on a diet; truly indulgent, warming and delicious.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchini)
- 2 medium leeks
- 3 pork chops
- 4 tbsp pancetta
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 40ml single cream
- 1 tsp butter for frying
- Thinly slice the courgettes and fry in butter for 2 minutes to soften
- While the courgettes soften, slice the leeks and dice the pork, then add these along with the pancetta to the pan
- Fry the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the pork is almost cooked through, then add in the pesto and stir
- Pour in the single cream and leave the mixture to soften and cook for a further 5 minutes or so, serve and enjoy!
I usually make 3 portions, eat one and then refrigerate the other two for the following two days. Eating this doesn’t make you feel like you’re missing out on carbs at all as it’s just so delicious! Though be warned, if you’re not used to eating that much veg in one portion you may want to tailor the recipe slightly…